Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Twittermancy

I love divination.  Who wouldn't?  Mostly, different forms of divination tell you a lot about yourself and only maybe about your future.  Just recently, I heard about a a new form of technomancy called Twittermancy.  It's a program that uses Twitter posts as divination tools.  You input a word, click the generate button, and get a random sampling of words from Twitter.  Just to test it out, I put in the word 'future.'  Oddly enough, contained in my random matrix of words was the phrase "god is yourself."  Read my last couple of posts to see why this phrase leaped out at me.  There could be something to this.  There was also the phrase "get magic information."  A reference to technomancy, perhaps.  Then there was the phrase "knees is trust."  I don't know what that means.  There's probably a danger here of reading too much into this.

2 comments:

  1. "Knees is trust" is an obvious reference to the coming day when we'll all be subjugated by the internet God when it bursts into consciousness.

    T.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I for one welcome our internet overlord.

    ReplyDelete